The International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) is the worldwide Society of professionals from research, applications and
industry sectors, with a tradition dating back to 1910, which:
- Conducts and promotes high quality research and development in photogrammetry, remote sensing, spatial information systems, related vision
sciences, and their applications
- Conducts regular forums for the dissemination of information on new developments in its fields of interest
- Regularly publishes reports of activities and results of research, new developments and applications
- Promotes and facilitates education and training programs in its fields of interest
ISPRS is a non-governmental international organisation devoted to the development of international cooperation for the advancement of the
photogrammetry, remote sensing, spatial information sciences (GIS, SIS, LIS), related vision sciences, their integration and their applications.
ISPRS represents professionals worldwide, who are associated with research, applications and commercial development
of equipment and software systems in its fields of interest.
ISPRS worldwide membership comprises:
- Ordinary and Associate Members from about 100 countries
- Regional Members covering Asia, Africa, North and South America, and Europe
- Sustaining Members who may be individuals, organizations, institutions, or agencies who manufacture or distribute instruments,
equipment or supplies, who operate or provide services in the fields of photogrammetry and/or remote sensing and/or GIS, or who are
engaged in research and/or education
The benefits of ISPRS Membership:
The Benefits for all ISPRS Member categories and their individual members
- ISPRS is a global network of national and regional societies active in the photogrammetry, remote sensing and spatial information sciences, facilitating and promoting activity between them.
- ISPRS, as a member of ICSU, cooperates and coordinates with related international scientific and technological organisations to promote the photogrammetry, remote sensing and spatial information sciences at the highest echelons.
- ISPRS coordinates a global network of scientists through its Commission and Working Group structure. Individuals from member organizations can participate in coordinated research in photogrammetry, remote sensing, spatial information systems, related vision sciences, and their applications, through ISPRS Technical Commissions and Working Groups to:
- Participate in the latest ISPRS research into science and technology
- Continue their professional education
- Make international contacts for career development and advancement
- Stay informed about the latest scientific and educational activities through a regular e-Bulletin
- Individuals from developing countries can participate in education and training opportunities and programmes facilitated by ISPRS
- Ordinary, Associate and Regional members are eligible to apply for support for a keynote speaker for events organised by their organisation through the ISPRS Keynote Speaker Programme
- All members are eligible to apply for advertised ISPRS/TIF Travel Grants
- Students from members organisations are eligible for reduced registration rates at regularly organised ISPRS International Workshops, Symposia and Congresses
- The ISPRS Student Consortium provides a forum for interaction between employers and the brightest students worldwide
- Members are eligible to participate in ISPRS Summer schools
- All members are eligible to nominate and receive a variety of ISPRS Awards.
Specific Benefits of Ordinary Membership
- Right to vote in the General Assembly
- Right to host Technical Commissions and Symposia
- Right to bid for ISPRS Congress
- Reduced exhibit booth fee at ISPRS Congress
- Membership certificate and entitlement to use ISPRS membership logo in the Member organization’s literature.
Specific Benefits of Sustaining Membership
and especially during ISPRS events:
- Reduced exhibition booth fee at ISPRS Congress and Symposia
- Free bookable room available at Congress for private interviews and meetings
- Special session(s) for Sustaining Member User Groups at Congress
- Exhibitor’s Show Case at Congress
- Opportunities for sponsored breakfast, refreshment breaks and social events to promote your organisation
- Discounted registration fees at Congress
- Invited technical presentations for sponsoring members at Congress
- Invitation to Sustaining Member user group meetings during Congress
- Connections of Sustaining Members with students for potential employment
How to Become a Member Organization
Contact the Secretary General for an application; or take a copy of the application form of the ISPRS Members
Page www.isprs.org/members/application_forms.aspx; return the complete form to the Secretary General.
Secretary General: JIANG Jie
School of Geomatics and Urban Spatial Informatics,
Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture
No.1 Zhanlanguan Road, Xicheng District,