when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it, how we keep it safe and in this way secure your rights and choices in relation to your personal information.
We may change this Notice from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
Any questions regarding this Notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Who are we?
International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) - Headquarters
c/o Institut für Photogrammetrie und GeoInformation (IPI)
Leibniz Universität Hannover
Nienburger Str. 1, D-30167 Hannover
Tel.: +49-511-762 2482, Fax: +49-511-762-2483
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you apply for membership in any of the ISPRS member categories (Ordinary, Associate, Regional Sustaining, Individual) or when you ask to be placed on the ISPRS e-mail distribution list for the eBulletin or other ISPRS information either via e-mail, in person or in another way.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, e-mail address, web site, and affiliation. For the e-mail distribution list we only store name and e-mail address.
How is your information used?
We may process your personal information in the following ways:
- To publish your name, institution, country, your email address, and web site in our publicly available membership lists (for Ordinary, Associate, Regional and Sustaining Members only);
- To send you the ISPRS eBulletin and other relevant ISPRS information;
- To send regular society news and the annual membership invoices to our Ordinary, Associate, Regional and Sustaining Members;
- To prepare anonymised statistics of our members such as how many Individual Members come from which country.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell nor rent nor make available in any other way your information to third parties.
How long is your information kept for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. All members have the possibility to login with their account to the protected area on the ISPRS website and check their stored data. In this area Individual members have the possibility to update their data by themselves.
Data of Ordinary, Associate, Regional and Sustaining Members are administrated at ISPRS headquarters, they are visible on the ISPRS website. For updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For updates in the e-mail distribution list you are asked to first unsubscribe from the list with your old e-mail address and then subscribe with the new one. A description is available at http://www.isprs.org/mailinglist. If you want to be deleted from this list at all, then just use the unsubscribe. In case of problems or queries, please send an email to email@example.com.
In compliance with the provisions under Chapter III, Section I, GDPR, you may exercise the rights therein indicated and in particular:
- Right of Access – Obtain confirmation whether your data are processed or not and, in such a case, obtain information related, in particular, to: the purposes of such processing, the categories of the processed personal data, the storage period, the recipients to whom such data can be transferred (Section 15, GDPR);
- Right of Rectification – Obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed (Section 16, GDPR);
- Right of Erasure – Obtain, without undue delay, the erasure of your personal data, in the cases provided for by the GPDR (Section 17, GDPR);
- Right to Restriction – Obtain from the Controller the limitation to processing, in the cases provided for by the GDPR (Section 18, GDPR);
- Right to Data Portability – Receive your personal data as communicated to the Controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and obtain the transmission of such data to another controller without any hindrance, in the cases provided for by the GDPR (Section 20, GDPR);
- Right to object – Object to the processing of your personal data, unless the Controller have compelling legitimate grounds for the continuation of the processing (Section 21, GDPR);
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Supervisory Authority.
ISPRS Members may exercise such rights by means of a request to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that ISPRS needs a minimum of information to pursue its goals. Therefore, exercising some of these rights, such as the right of erasure, may result in a cancellation of membership according to the statutes and bylaws of ISPRS.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EU. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Notice.
Review of this Notice
We keep this Notice under regular review. This Notice was last updated on 11th July, 2018.